Sunday, August 21, 2011

Road Whip Mountain Run



Just got back from a 1,500 mile or so trip. I rode out to Tennessee, then rode the whole Blue Ridge Parkway and part of Skyline Drive into the Shenandoah National Park. Rode the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap, and the Diamondback in Little Switzerland. If you've never done those two roads, you need too. It was some of the most intense riding I've ever done. Would like to have done it on the chop but logistically the bagger was the best choice for the trip. The Bastard Bash was going on so I did get to see some cool old school iron while I was at Deal's Gap. But those curvy mountain roads got me thinking about picking up a used sport bike sometime. The sport bikes were ripping it up on The Dragon and had me thinking about my old crotch rocket days. But I did alright out there for an old fat guy on a bagger. One of my homies had a camera on his bike when we rode The Dragon, so if I get the video I'll post it up. Got some more pics too.

4 comments:

OL' GRUMPY BASTARD said...

Welcome back home skillet... Glad you had a good time.. Stoked to see some pictures.. I gotta say besides Cali, sturgis, and new Mexico the dragon is definitely on my bucket list

McMuscles said...

Very cool man. Ive always wanted to check that road out.

WHITEY said...

Sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a stellar time.

The Easy Writer said...

Nice one man! Glad you didn't end up on 'The Tree'.

Followers